Welcome to River Flow Yoga and Wellness!
What You'll Need for Class:
- Comfortable workout clothes
- Covered water bottle (no glass).
- We provide mats and props, but bring your own if you have them!
Essential Tips for Beginners:
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early, and introduce yourself at the front desk
- Come hydrated and stay hydrated
- Avoid heavy meals and caffeine before class
- Notify your teacher/staff of current injuries, discomfort, or anxieties
- Wash off all makeup and avoid wearing strong fragrances
- Turn off all electronic devices and leave outside the studio
- Enter the studio quietly and respect the peace before class
- Listen to your body/breath and don't force yourself into postures
- Enter restful postures if tired, dizzy or exhausted.
Start Group Classes with Confidence!
My advice to someone considering yoga:
Understand it's not easy...be ready for the work...be committed...be patient...take a couple of privates to get started positively. The studio vibe is great....we love the sincerity and commitment of Ben, Alee and all the staff. True believers. My wife and I are very glad to be a small part of the River Flow success story. - Gary
The Benefits of a Consistent Yoga Practice
Yoga is a very effective activity for improving and maintaining positive mental, psychological and cognitive abilities. Through the postures and focused breathe work, practitioners are able to clear tension and stress, reduce anxiety and depression, enhance memory and concentration, prevent the onset of complex mental health conditions, and even reduce and clear the effects of traumatic experiences.
A consistent yoga practice will cultivate greater awareness and a calmer mind, which, in turn, will provide great value to your life off the mat.
There are many positive physical benefits including increased flexibility, improved posture and alignment, weight loss, increased muscle strength and tone, enhanced athletic performance, boosted immunity, lowered blood pressure, improved sleep quality, protection from injury, and much more!
Yoga can also assist the healing and rehabilitation process for the injured or those afflicted by chronic or degenerative conditions by helping to reduce discomfort while increasing mobility and vital energy flow.
There is a part of us beyond our mental/physical existence that is energetic in nature, and yoga can promote the circumstances in which we become aware of and even consciously connect with this subtle energy to bring even greater healing, clarity, peace, and vibrancy into our lives.
The ability to connect with one's spirit is what gives yoga its depth, giving the practitioner a chance in every class to dig a little deeper in search of their true self.